What are you doing here??

All the fabulous people (yes YOU!) are meeting over at Dial M for Minky {Motherhood & Mimosas}


Friday, July 24, 2009

Don't wear a Maxi dress in NYC and other lessons learned.




Max ate this whole pie at Benny Todino's in Hoboken

Very tired Mommy and Baby after a long car ride.

Max rocking it Bruno Style in Times Square. Diaper and sandals. Klassy.

My suggestion for a new balloon for the Macy's parade.


Sweet Baby Max, ZD and I just got back from a lovely trip to NYC to visit Max's Godfather Sean (also ZD's producing partner) and his fiance Hallie (my awesome friend who just made Rockette! How cool is that?) Max is almost one, it's about dang time he saw the Big Apple! Talk about a lot of stimulus for a wee one. He proved again, to be a total rockstar. Per usual.
Me? Not so much. I am so friggin out of shape and just a friendly suggestion, a maxi dress is a NO in the city. I shudder to think about all the wet that it picked up and slapped about my ankles for ten straight hours. I actually wrapped it in a plastic bag it was so grody I didn't even want it near the other laundry. Ewww.
One of the items on our City agenda was to look for Hallie's wedding gown. To anyone in NYC may I recommend Birnbaum & Bullock? The atmosphere is fabulous. Second Story Loft warehouse space, amazing gown and the kindest most helpful man there. They didn't even mind Sweet Baby Max crawling all over and kissing himself in the reflection of their floor to Ceiling Mirror. I cannot recommend them enough. And the sight of Hallie in 'THE' dress stopped all of us in our tracks. Including Baby Max. Just stunning!!! After that we headed to Little Italy and Chinatown where I painstakingly resisted bringing home 200 little turtles. Poor little guys just looked like the needed to come home and have me force my FIL to build them a little pond. I resisted...barely.
We ended the night with some amazing Italian Food in the Village at Palma. Again, I cannot rave about the atmosphere or the food enough. Although I didn't get to eat much of my dinner as Baby Max ate almost all of my Agnolotti con Spinacci. They were uber cool even though Max had a little, shall we say 'accident' and ended the evening a bit exposed. If loving a fat baby in a diaper is wrong, I don't want to be right!
That skin! That Chub!


Since he hasn't had cake yet, he did let me eat my own cupcake from Magnolia Bakery. Delish.
All in all it was a great trip, and Pack the House Productions got a lot of work done which is what it was all about! Well, that and wedding gown shopping.

No comments: