What are you doing here??

All the fabulous people (yes YOU!) are meeting over at Dial M for Minky {Motherhood & Mimosas}


Friday, October 16, 2009

Proving the old adage true, the hard way.

Baby Max age 2 weeks. Me and the Prozac Puppy...slightly older.



I'm a bit of a klutz. Always have been, always will be. It used to cause me tremendous embarrassment until I learned to accept it. It's just part of who I am and it's actually made me a friend or two over the years. My very good friend Anne once told me when we met she wasn't certain we could be friends. She was more of a sweats kinda gal and (at the time) I was always dressed to the nines. Shoes, nails, designer bags etc. She was not entirely sure about me until two things happened.


1. She found out I can pretty much recite Eddie Izzard's Dressed to Kill by heart
2. She saw me open cabinet and dump and entire package of cereal on my head.


My reaction to these klutzy events, which happen with alarming regularity, is sort of one like...oh, okay. I mean, I'm used to it! I wouldn't know what to do if I went a whole day wearing a white sweater without putting my coffee mug down and managing to get coffee splattered on the most random of spots! Or shutting the car door on my leg, banging my head on a cabinet or something of the like.

So today when in my super cute new socks (Target. $1. Grey with black hearts on them. I love footie socks as much as Holly Madison loves knee highs) I took a huge spill down the carpeted steps I wasn't surprised. I do it all the time. I'm a gal who knows how to fall down a flight of steps! This was different however as I was holding the most precious thing in the entire world to me.



Baby Max.

It was a slow-mo of arms and legs and screams as Max and I slipped and bounced down the steps crashing right into a bookshelf which is on the landing. We were both pretty shaken up. He was crying, I was crying because he was crying but neither one of of us was hurt. It may have been loud and scary but there is nary a bruise on either one of our pale little bods.




I have however discovered the old adage is true: The experience well and truly scared the sh*t out of Max.













Also, I'm pretty sure Max will never set his precious booty in our (did I mention the brake is broken on my ridiculously expensive worthless) stroller ever again after watching the baby and the train video. Can you even imagine?? Of course you can. You have been all day.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry for the spill, but glad to hear you are both okay. I fell backwards on the curb one time getting B out of the car, and Tim was so impressed because I held her up so she would stay safe while I took a severe bump on the ass. Later when I developed a beautiful black bruise, I knew it was so worth it.

I just watched that video for the first time and OMG that is like one of my worst nightmares. I'm so so glad that baby is okay. I can't even imagine how that mom is doing.

PS I gave you an award on my blog, check it out: http://thewritesarah.blogspot.com :)

Adelas (Della) said...

Yeah, I got the tip off when someone linked it along with a string of curse words, and the link included a text description "baby run over by train" at the top of the page. I clicked CLOSE so fast my mouse cursor couldn't keep up.

Ditto on the sorry for falling, but glad you're okay.

Lee said...

Glad neither of you were hurt! Did you say it literally scared the poop out of him?? LOL!

Amo said...

I am so so sorry that happened to you! I am also a klutz, although mine falls not so much in the physical klutziness as into the realm of dropping things and spilling things on a regular basis. Or running into walls. I do that a lot too.

Amo said...

There is an award waiting for you on my blog! :)